Getaway to Calella? We propose 5 outdoor activities
With the arrival of good weather, the Costa Brava offers visitors an infinite number of possibilities to enjoy its wonderful landscapes. From the Hotel Sant Roc , we want to propose 5 outdoor activities that will allow you to discover the charms of Calella de Palafrugell and its surroundings. Don't miss them!
- Walking the Camí de Ronda: The Camí de Ronda is one of the main attractions of the Costa Brava. With an extension of 130 kilometers, this route runs along the coast from Blanes to Portbou, offering spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea. If you like hiking, one of the most emblematic sections is that of Calella-Tamariu, where you will find numerous lighthouses, hidden coves, cliffs, fishing villages and some archaeological ruins.
- Relaxing on the beach: Calella is full of beaches and coves that invite you to relax and unwind in a unique environment. One of the most outstanding is Platja del Port-Bo, a paradise of golden sand and crystalline waters surrounded by small fishing boats. We also find Platja de Sant Roc or Els Canyers, as well as Platja del Golfet and Platja del Canadell.
- Take a bicycle route: The Baix Empordà region preserves several rural roads of important heritage and landscape value. To take advantage of these areas, the Regional Council has created a network of bicycle tourism that allows you to choose between itineraries of different difficulties. Without a doubt, it is a great option to discover the Costa Brava from another point of view.
- Discover the botanical garden of Cap Roig: If you come to Calella, a mandatory stop is the gardens of Cap Roig . Located between the municipalities of Palafrugell and Mont-ras, this unique space brings together more than 1,000 plant species from all over the world. You will also find a medieval castle (built in 1931) and various sculptures by contemporary authors.
- Practice water sports: For the more adventurous, the Costa Brava also has a wide range of water sports: sailing courses, windsurfing and kitesurfing, kayaking, paddle surfing, etc. There are also several protected areas where you can practice scuba diving and discover the depths of the Mediterranean, which hide an exciting fauna and flora.
The Hotel Sant Roc is the perfect place to explore the Costa Brava and enjoy the activities that this time of year offers us. Stay with us and live the experience!